Despite aluminium door and window frames being regarded for their sturdiness and low-maintenance appearance, a little care and treatment can guarantee your doors and windows remain shiny, clear, and spotless for years. Aluminium is a material that can withstand all weather conditions and offers the best durability.
This blog will provide you with a few tips on how to clean and polish your aluminium windows and doors.
How often to clean?
As aluminium is a low-maintenance material, it does not need to be cleaned on a regular basis. Cleaning them once or twice a month should be enough. If you live in a busy neighbourhood, you may frequently notice dust on your windows and doors; in such circumstances, you should choose extra care and clean them once every two or three weeks.
Here are a few steps to clean your windows and doors easily:
- Wiping the excess dust on the outside and inside of your windows with a clean cloth.
- Scrubbing and cleaning the windows with water mixed with light detergent liquid or by using special cleaning agents of aluminium.
Use only a soft cloth or sponge to do it.
- Make sure to scrub all the parts of the window, the frame, glass, tracks, and locks.
- Wipe off all the water and do not let it air dry, dry the window with a cloth after washing, this makes sure the watermarks don’t stay on the window.
Tips to Clean your Aluminium Windows and Doors
- To clean the glass of the window, you can use a specific glass cleaner that has a streak-free finish for effective cleaning, and the cloth you use can be a microfibre one.
- If the aluminium window frame is installed with Low-E glass, distinct care must be taken since the glass has a layer that reduces UV and infrared rays, and this layer must be carefully cleaned. When cleaning this glass material, avoid using abrasive cleaning chemicals since they weaken the glass.
- Cleaning the tracks is the most difficult aspect since the dust in them is difficult to remove. Use a vacuum to remove the dust first, then spray water mixed with mild detergent solutions and let the water run through the tracks for some time and wipe off the excess water with a Sponge or a cloth.
Alteza provides complete aluminium window and door solutions, and unlike other window manufacturers, it can modify them to any requirement or configuration, as well as meet your need for a selection of style and design options.
Casement windows, fixed windows, sliding windows, tilt-and-turn windows, ventilator windows, and villa windows are all part of our extensive collection. Though the type of windows to install depends on the home and its look, cleaning and protecting them depends on you.